Wednesday, August 30, 2017

The Month After #Picademy

Life has been extremely busy since #Picademy. I had many activities to do, for the library, to prepare for the solar eclipse. Though this blog has been quiet, I have been making steady progress. I set up two pi's and have been teaching my own sons for practice and troubleshooting. I've ordered 7 pi's and everything to get going. LED's, jumper cables, gpio pinout boards, sense HAT's, camera modules, etc. I've price checked and tried to get a great setup to begin with. As much as I would love pi-topCEEDs, I had to go with a cheaper monitor setup. I went to one of the local universities surplus for monitors and each monitor setup was under $10 (I am getting some donated from a local business too, Yeah!!!). I am currently soldering motors for the Explorer HAT, and I subscribed to the paper version of the MagPi. I reported to our local Kiwanis club about my #Picademy experience and spoke to our local high school's computer science teacher about raspberry pi activities I'm holding in September (she has a high school club she wants to encourage to come participate). I've made a digital flyer and it's out on our library's Web page and Facebook so we can get the word out that pi classes are coming. I spoke with our local newspaper and have a story coming out today to encourage patrons to come learn.  I also have been assisting a young man with his senior project using the raspberry pi for digital signage. Many thanks to #piChatUSA people for giving me direction there. I've flashed SD cards with NOOBS. I've installed and practiced SSH and VNC. (BTW-NEVER even knew before what those were).  Needless to say my pi learning days have just begun. I do feel like I have learned a lot this August and I'm excited to see what September brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment